I decided to add a new page to my blog to layout my core beliefs so you always know where I stand or are coming from. In this time of great deception, I know I always find myself questioning where people are coming from, maybe you find yourself doing the same. I do not want you to have to do that on my site. Below are the key beliefs that drive my faith. I will make sure to keep it updated with any additional areas that I think of, so that I am upfront and transparent, you need not guess.
- Jesus is the Son of God.
- Jesus is the Son of God, was born of the virgin birth, died for our sins on the cross, and overcame death to rise on the third day.
- I believe in the Holy Trinity – Father (God), Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit (sealed inside each of His believers).
- Salvation is a Gift only available through faith in Jesus Christ as the Son of God.
- The only way to eternal life (salvation) is through God’s Son, Jesus Christ. He is the way the truth and the life.
John 14:6 (NKJV) – 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
John 3:16 (NKJV) – 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
- Salvation is a gift from God open to all that will accept it, through belief and faith in His Son, Jesus Christ. (Not through works)
Ephesians 2:8-10 (NKJV) – 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
- Ones desire to do “works” springs from accepting the gift of salvation from God, through Jesus Christ, and as a reflection of our love for Him but is not a requirement to receive the gift of salvation (so that no one can boast).
- The Bible is God’s Word.
- The Bible is 100% accurate and has never been wrong.
- Over 4000 prophecies have been fulfilled, not one has been wrong, with over 1000 left to be fulfilled.
- The Bible never contradicts itself. (If this appears to occur there is usually a misinterpretation of the audience being addressed.)
- If in doubt, take the Bible text literally.
- I believe in God’s promise to Rapture his church.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (NKJV) – 13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.
- The Rapture date is only known by God and will occur pre-tribulation.
Matthew 24:36 (NKJV) - 36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.”
- We can know the season but not the day or the hour.
1 Thessalonians 5:1-11 (NKJV) - 1 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 5 You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. 8 But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. 9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him. 11 Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.
- Key Societal Hot points:
- Life begins at conception and abortion is murder.
- Marriage is between a man and a women.
Genesis 2:24 (NKJV) - 24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
- Homosexuality is a sin just like adultery, lust, murder, etc. (We are all sinners and needed Jesus Christ to pay for our sins. Like for all sins, we should love the sinner and hate the sin but never condone the sinful behavior.)
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NKJV) – 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
Whether you believe all of the core beliefs above or not, if you haven’t, I encourage you to accept the Lord as your Savior today. Bow down where ever you are and recite the prayer below to accept God’s gift of salvation and invite the Lord Jesus into your life. He will guide you through understanding His will for your life and what core beliefs should guide your life.
- Prayer to receive the Lord into your life and accept the gift of salvation, eternal life.
Lord, I am a sinner in need of a Savior. I believe that Jesus died on the cross so that I may be forgiven of my sin and without Jesus I have no hope of Heaven. Forgive me of all my sin and please help me to live my life for you from this day forward. Amen.
- Next Steps:
- Get a bible and begin reading! It is the roadmap and the user manual to life. I would make two suggestions:
- Start with the New Testament first, then jump back to the Old Testament.
- Get a New King James Version (NKJV), New American Standard Bible (NASB), or King James Version Bible (KJV). They have the most accurate translations and remain uncorrupted by modern-day society.
Congratulations! Your new life has just begun!
I would also strongly encourage you to find a Jesus centered, bible believing church to connect with. They will help you to strengthen your relationship with Jesus and grow in your new spiritual journey. If you are having trouble finding one or are a little intimidated, there are a lot of churches that broadcast their sermons on the web either live or through a delayed posting. It will give you a good chance to see what their beliefs are and listen to their past sermons.
Welcome to the Family, Brother or Sister in Christ!